Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fruit of Friendship

 

Time to time, over and over again, the moment and memories we have shared together remains well carved at the tablet of my heart. I, without gold, silver, diamond, opal, emerald, sapphire or of any precious stones or cold hard cash but with a friend I can call my own is more endowed than the shining morning star, more flourished than the bed of a coral reef and surpass the accomplishment of amazon morning dew. When I feel cold, you turn a blanket that covers me and in the warm, you ventilate me from within.

A principal fruit of friendship, is the ease and discharge of the fulness and swellings of the heart, which passions of all kinds do cause and induce. We know diseases of stoppings, and suffocations, are the most dangerous in the body; and it is not much otherwise in the mind; you may take sarza to open the liver, steel to open the spleen, flowers of sulphur for the lungs, castoreum for the brain; but no receipt openeth the heart, but a true friend; to whom you may impart griefs, joys, fears, hopes, suspicions, counsels, and whatsoever lieth upon the heart to oppress it, in a kind of civil shrift or confession.

Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore - I hope that the memory of our friendship will be everlasting

0 comments:

Post a Comment